From Rocket City Wiki
- Chuck Wagon - Madison near I-565
- Reddit reviews say this place has the best beef brisket in town. src
- Gibson's BBQ - Various Locations
- This is a local favorite, but rumor is the bbq recipe they win awards for is not the one they serve to their diners.
- Granville's - Oakwood and Meridian (Closed for Fire Damage Repairs. Still closed as of 2017.12.13)
- Will serve burnt ends if you ask for them.
- Greenbriar BBQ
- There are two of these in Greenbriar. Opinions vary on which location serves a better product, so try both.
- Background on Greenbriar BBQ vs. Greenbriar Restaurant
- Lawlers (Chain in the Tennessee Valley) - Various Locations
- Melvins ~ Off the beaten track, but close to where Clinton and Memorial Pkwy intersect
- CASH ONLY, $13 a plate, comes with a water.
- PB's BBQ. There's a traveling food truck, and a place on Jordan Lane. Their brisket, IMHO, is a close runner up to Chuck Wagon's.
- Ted's BBQ
- 5 Points
- Research Park
Gas Station BBQ
- Texaco @ Corner of Wall-Triana and Madison Blvd (Madison)
- Corner of Plumber and Jordan lane (ribs sell out fast, but their pulled pork is damned good too)
- Dreamland (Alabama Chain)
- Jim N Nicks
- Moe's BBQ